Faith over Fear

I thought of this post while driving to church today and during the sermon he said exactly what I was thinking of “faith is the enemy of fear” not doubt. We all have doubts but we shouldn’t let that turn to fear and stop us from moving forward. 
This week we found out our boys may be leaving us sooner that I anticipated and I felt myself get angry then sad then worried but the reality is we got into fostering to give kids a safe space until they can reunify. We love our boys and we’ve loved on their parents. We give the extra phone calls, invite them to church (they came for the Christmas service and the boys loved it) and do extra visits when we can.
We didn’t do this for us we did it for them. “Them” as in the families not just the kids. Life is hard. It isn’t fair. It is a beautiful mess and can leave us full of doubt but I refuse to let that turn to fear. We will love on these boys and their family and when it’s time to say “see you later” to our boys, my heart will hurt, but it is He that is within me that will get me through the worry, the sadness, and the loss. 
We will move forward, pray about the next call, and the next family we can love during a difficult time. People ask me what I’ll do when they leave and my answer is pray. I’ll pray hard for their family because we all need someone else kneeling before the King on our behalf. 
So when our boys leave and the house is quieter, our son is confused and we are feeling a little empty we’ll remember God never called us to easy but He did call us to love. Pray with us as we move forward into this next season of change, doubt and service. 
Our family mission is gratitude and service. We are grateful to have our boys and to be able to serve them, their families and others around us. We will move in love and faith toward the next need. This is not a time for sadness but a time to celebrate a family coming back together, just like Jesus celebrated the prodigal son. Celebrate with us through prayer.

Xoxo V

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

It is hard

What if