It is hard


We have had the boys for three days now and I'll be honest, it feels like it's been a week. Today was a hard day. Y’all, it was a really hard day.

Our 8 year old friend tested a lot of boundaries today. From hitting others and ignoring directions to slamming doors and yelling during work calls. It was a challenge.

I was embarrassed, frustrated, helpless and exhausted. We understood now why we weren’t his first placement. It’s tough. 

When Damien and I sat down to decompress tonight I told him I’ve fallen more in love with him through this process and I didn’t think I could love him more. He shared his appreciation for my pushing us to do this. 

After a hard day we both felt grateful, not just for each other but for our 8 year old friend and the opportunity to learn and grow in love. 

I told Damien tonight that I realized for the first time I know we are walking by faith. We said yes to kids we’d never seen and have loved them from the minute we met. I’m not talking the feeling love but the action love. 

It’s truly amazing the things God shows us when we walk His way. We don’t need to know all the details of his plan. That’s not faith. We need to trust that He has the details and just move. Act. Do. Love.

If you’re looking for a way to give back to children in foster care check out the link below.

https://www.goodsandbetterstore.com/?ref=victoriadecatur


Xoxo V

Comments

  1. 1) subscribed so I Mercer miss a post 😊
    2) He loves HARD because I bet he knows what it’s like to be loved so little. Keep trusting your gut and your heart and it will help him see that you and Damiens love is a force to be reckoned with 🤍

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

What if

Faith over Fear