We got the call

 

We got the news a week ago that we could officially take foster care placements and today our first one arrived.
Our friend is 14, she is quiet, gentle and has exceptionalities. We went for a walk around the neighborhood as a family and she pushed our boy in his stroller and smiled as she told my husband about our trip to dollar tree for snacks, crayons and a coloring book.
I’m awake now, while the house sleeps, anxiety stealing my rest. Is this the calm before the storm? I worry.
Are we making her feel comfortable? Safe? Will she wake up tomorrow and be angry that she’s here? Will I try too hard with my people pleaser personality? Will our son bite her? (he’s 15 months and in that phase now). All the questions. All the thoughts. All the self-doubt. 
And yet the love I feel trumps it all, gives me hope and peace. Knowing we have friends praying for us, a God that loves us, and a bed occupied by someone in need helps me breath out all the anxiousness.
I don’t have to have the answers, know exactly what to do or be a perfect host.
When I called my husband to discuss our yes or no for this placement he reminded me that “If this is what God has for us he will do the heavy lifting we just have to be obedient” 
So, our foster season has officially begun and although my mind is racing my heart is full. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

It is hard

What if

Faith over Fear