It takes a village


Our boy is busy! He runs all the time and that is not an exaggeration so I'm never surprised when I get a call that he's hurt himself. When I picked him up for the scar pictured I could tell the teachers felt terrible and I had just celebrated my birthday so I brought them back some cake. I wanted to reassure them that I wasn't upset but in fact, I'm thankful! Thankful that he is loved, learning, and active. Thankful for his village.

You've probably heard the phrase "it takes a village" and it does. I'm excited, and nervous but mostly excited, to partner with hurting families in the healing process so I can be apart of their child's village. Our boy has a huge village and I'm so blessed and thankful for our people. 

When I think about the new kiddos we'll get I imagine what their village looks like.. I think about how I can nurture them through healing and reunification but I also think of the parents. Just like our sons teachers were sorry about his fall I know so many parents are sorry about the trauma their child has experienced. I am by no means making an excuse for parents of children in foster care but I am saying ...show some grace

Yes, people are bad and no, the system isn't perfect but 

God is good and His plan is perfect.

I say often that God sends us people to do life with. I like thinking of myself as a someone God is sending to do life with people. We have had so many people love us well in different seasons of life so even if it is just for a short time I'm thankful for the opportunity to be apart of many kiddos villages and to do life with families in need.

Who is God sending you to do life with? Who's village can you join? 

xoxo

V


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

It is hard

What if

Faith over Fear